Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Estradiol Up

As I mentioned, I'm now on .5MG more of Estradiol per day, and I'm taking it approximately half in the morning and half at night. That's 2.5 MG total. I am in my early 30s and weigh about 128lbs.

I might just be my imagination, or any number of other things going on, but I feel a bit moodier than usual. My skip-level manager today made some sort of remark about where I was sitting in a recent meeting. "Do you sit in the third row at church too?" he asked, and I felt so irritated that I wanted to snap, "I don't GO to church!" and see if I could catch him off guard. I've never liked the guy - and always felt he seemed fake, but that feeling is not characteristic of me on a typical day, and I don't think he meant any harm with the question.

At any rate, I wonder if my body is now processing more of the hormones as a result of the timing and the slight up in dosage.

Most of my friends on increased levels of estrogen - both my XX-female friends and my XY-female friends, always note an increase in breast size. That would be a very welcome effect for me, though I may already be at my maximum size given my thin frame and other genetic factors. I've definitely got a very feminine butt and hips. If I could be one cup size bigger on top though - fantastic! Alas, I wouldn't want that at the expense of putting on more weight. The latter is also an effect of increased estrogen. I think I'll be hitting the gym in the next hour or so.

I've been wondering about the effects that testosterone might have on me. Other women I know with complete AIS claim that taking testosterone helps with their energy levels and sex drive. That seems a bit strange, considering we are supposedly insensitive to testosterone, however science and medicine don't have the human body and mind completely figured out yet, so I guess there is a possibility there. I am lucky in that I have never had a problem with my sex drive, and it's definitely increased through my 20s and early 30s. Energy on the other hand, I think I could use more of that sometimes. Although that could probably easily be addressed by sleeping more and working less!

No comments:

Post a Comment